If you are delicate move on.

Let's get this straight, I don't care what you think of me or what I'm doing. This blog is about crap that I like and crap that I'm doing. You don't have to look or read. Go somewhere else if things I say or do offend you. I like bikes, cars, naked women, and booze. Thats the content, you've been warned.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Twenty Footer

I picked this van up good and cheap. It came with tons of problems, probably should have called it the death trap. The owner quit driving it because of a bad tranny leak. Turned out to just be the selector shaft seal, 2 bucks and twenty minutes to fix. To the previous owner, if you read this don't feel bad. The tranny leak was the least of your worries.




My buddy Bert and I made a midnight run to the Bay area to pick it up. We were so tired coming home we literally would pull over, jump out, and make a lap of the truck. Good times. I worked a ton before and after we picked it up so it was a couple of days before I even saw it in the light. This is what I saw-






First thing I did was checkout the mechanics of it. The brakes were good and the motor started. Now, the bad. The steering box was barely held on by a nut and one of the idler arms was blown out. This thing must have been one hairy ride. The wiring had been added and added to, the heater was gone as in not there, the valve cover gaskets might as well have not been there, and the tranny leak. So, I ordered some parts and proceeded to gut it out.





No comments:

Post a Comment